- 1A lens or other object which causes refraction.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He contributed to the theory of refraction, and as a result of his theory of the wave form of light he was able to calculate the refraction within the lenses and make refractors with lesser chromatic and spherical aberration.
- The results demonstrated that trained nurses and lay screeners achieved similar accuracy rates administering the two automated refractors.
- An arc of white light shone through the carefully planned refractors near its crest, making the Citadel look like an archer's bow drawn to the sky.
- 1.1A refracting telescope.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Italian mathematician and astronomer Galileo Galilei used the first optical telescope, a refractor, in 1610.
- Actually it was the biggest refractor (lens telescope); Sir William Herschel, who had died in 1822, had previously constructed larger reflecting telescopes (using curved mirrors) out at Slough.
- This he equipped with a small refractor: a lens telescope with an aperture of four inches.
Más definiciones de refractorDefinición de refractor en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.