- A period immediately following stimulation during which a nerve or muscle is unresponsive to further stimulation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The refractory period, the period following orgasm during which the person cannot be sexually aroused, lengthens.
- These actions are attributed to binding with nociceptors, which causes a period of enhanced sensitivity followed by a refractory period of reduced sensitivity.
- One pathway is relatively fast and has a long refractory period; the other pathway is slow with a short refractory period.
Más definiciones de refractory periodDefinición de refractory period en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.