Subject (food or drink) to cold in order to chill or preserve it, typically by placing it in a refrigerator: refrigerate the dough for one hour
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hurricane victims can use ice to refrigerate food, preserve medicine, and cool off in the summer heat.
- If the room temperature is above 90 F, refrigerate perishable foods within one hour.
- Never refrigerate tomatoes that are not fully ripe because cold temperatures stop the ripening process.
late Middle English: from Latin refrigerat- 'made cool', from the verb refrigerare, from re- 'back' + frigus, frigor- 'cold'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I wondered just how long the meats had been hanging there without refrigeration and was doubly glad of the extra cooking.
- Before the advent of refrigeration, salt was king - and is the reason why we developed such a taste for it.
- Since some bottled water is also shipped or stored cold, electricity is expended for refrigeration.