Definición de refrigerate en inglés:
- Hurricane victims can use ice to refrigerate food, preserve medicine, and cool off in the summer heat.
- If the room temperature is above 90 F, refrigerate perishable foods within one hour.
- Never refrigerate tomatoes that are not fully ripe because cold temperatures stop the ripening process.
late Middle English: from Latin refrigerat- 'made cool', from the verb refrigerare, from re- 'back' + frigus, frigor- 'cold'.
frigid from (Late Middle English):
This comes from Latin adjective frigidus ‘cold’, from the noun frigus ‘cold’. The word is also behind refrigerate (Late Middle English). The refrigerator for preserving food appears in the mid 19th century, and was shortened to fridge in the 1920s.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I wondered just how long the meats had been hanging there without refrigeration and was doubly glad of the extra cooking.
- Before the advent of refrigeration, salt was king - and is the reason why we developed such a taste for it.
- Since some bottled water is also shipped or stored cold, electricity is expended for refrigeration.
Palabras que riman con refrigeratedecorate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.