Definición de regard en inglés:
- None of those matters elaborated can possibly be regarded as irrelevant considerations.
- I regard this statement of considerable importance; it sets the background against which it is crucial to consider the issues in the case.
- I have set that part of the judgment out in detail because I regard it as of considerable importance.
- He was regarding her steadily; she couldn't quite be sure whether he was smiling or not.
- He leaned back against the edge of the table and regarded me steadily.
- When he turned his gaze to regard the trees, he realized that they seemed to be fading in and out of existence whenever he attempted to focus on one.
- Your main safety concern regards the use of your power drill.
- The latest incident regards a Christian sect known as the ‘Shouters.’
- The case regards the misappropriation of a total of Rp 14 billion from the 2003 council budget fund to establish a councillors' housing compound.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- They're determined to impose this agreement on the Australian people without regard for very legitimate concerns.
- His Lordship was satisfied on the material before him that the Justices had regard to the material consideration.
- They seem to have nothing to say about our government conducting itself without regard to morality whenever it is convenient.
- We respect people and have regard for people if they are good at what they do.
- Students should have great respect and regard for their teachers, she said.
- I suppose people just want to show their love and regard and respect for me.
- The gaze is steady and there is both a reserve and a frank regard in her eyes.
- With the luxury of time, the regard of the subject can move from confrontational and guarded to direct and open.
- Her husband was a tall, long-featured man, with a brown beard; he had a pondering regard; and was, it must be added, usually kind and tolerant to her.
- For those living on the other side of the wall, well, they had our warmest personal regards and best wishes.
- Thanks to everyone for their best wishes and regards.
- But please give my regards and good wishes to your family, especially to Gwen.
- Concerning; in respect of: as regards content, the programme will cover important current issuesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The parties reserved their position in this respect as regards any future proceedings.
- I am willing to meet Mr Fagan to discuss any proposals he has for the park and I am sure he has a lot to offer as regards ideas for the park.
- One such issue for Ireland is taxation, particularly as regards our favourable company tax rate.
in this (or that) regard
- In connection with the point previously mentioned: there was little incentive for them to be active in this regardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He singled out the areas of sport, academics and opera for special mention in this regard.
- I am sure that the sale of the properties will assist in that regard, as already mentioned.
- It is often mentioned in the same breath in that regard as Saul Bellow's The Adventures of Augie March.
with (or in or having) regard to
- As concerns; in respect of: he made enquiries with regard to BethMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It appears that they have had little or no support in regard to either their professional or personal concerns.
- Moreover, so far as Child 2 was concerned, having regard to the terms of what she had said, no action was taken at the time.
- Such installations are giving rise to some concern, especially having regard to the sums needed to rectify the defects.
Middle English: from Old French regarder 'to watch', from re- 'back' (also expressing intensive force) + garder 'to guard'.
reward from Middle English:
This comes from a variant of Old French reguard ‘regard, heed’, also an early sense of the English word ( compare guard and ward). The notion of payment, showing your regard, was also early; found as money offered for the capture of a criminal or for the return of lost property from the late 16th century
Palabras que riman con regardAssad, aubade, avant-garde, backyard, ballade, bard, Bernard, bombard, canard, card, charade, chard, couvade, croustade, Cunard, facade, glissade, guard, hard, ill-starred, interlard, lard, Montagnard, nard, pard, petard, pomade, promenade, rodomontade, roulade, saccade, Sade, salade, sard, shard, unmarred, unscarred, yard
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.