- 1An official responsible for keeping a register or official records: the registrar of births and deathsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As well as being the proud mum at the civil ceremony - she'll also be the officiating registrar.
- Ottoman registrars recorded villages whether or not they were inhabited, on the basis that since they had once provided revenue, they might yet do so again.
- When either a collection or items to be added to an existing collection come to an institution, a registrar creates a record of the content and then passes the content along to the collection manager.
- 1.1The chief administrative officer in a university.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I told Stacy I was planning to call her employer and check with the registrar at the university from which she said she had graduated.
- Waterford city native, Dr John Nolan is the registrar or chief executive of the National University of Ireland, under whose aegis the new degree was developed.
- Some of the experts who will answer questions on the double cohort include university presidents, registrars, government officials and the alliance themselves.
- 1.2(In the UK) the judicial and administrative officer of the High Court.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It went before a judicial registrar, a judge and the Full Court.
- The judicial registrar condemned them in strong terms.
- We have had an urgent hearing here, we have had affidavit evidence, and a learned judicial registrar determined that there is jurisdiction in this case to join the parties and to grant the injunction.
- 2British A middle-ranking hospital doctor undergoing training as a specialist: a registrar in rheumatologyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The training needs of general practice registrars and healthcare professionals at all levels will have to be identified and programmes implemented to ensure that these needs are taken care of.
- All 621 doctors and 47 registrars in 221 general practices in Glasgow were informed by letter about the study and invited to participate.
- During these sessions, a senior general practitioner observes a registrar's consultations and reviews the surgery's equipment, policies, and procedures.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He did his house jobs and registrarship at Maida Vale Hospital for Nervous Diseases and became consultant neurologist at the Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, where he spent the rest of his career.
- As I progress through my specialist registrarship in general surgery I am noticing time and again how, as a profession, we are unaware that we are ignoring the value of teamwork.
late 17th century: from medieval Latin registrarius, from registrum (see register).
Más definiciones de registrarDefinición de registrar en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.