Definición de regretful en inglés:
Feeling or showing regret: he sounded regretful but pointed out that he had committed himself
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Jason kneeled near the dog, and gave a regretful smile.
- He walked out with somewhat a regretful smile on his face, his eyes lost in the past; he nearly walked into the closed door!
- In one case, a tiny, angry-looking boy is judged sufficiently regretful to return to the school where he threatened a bodyguard.
sorry, remorseful, contrite, repentant, rueful, penitent, conscience-stricken, apologetic, abject, guilty, guilt-ridden, ashamed, shamefaced, sheepish, in sackcloth and ashes, afraid
sad, unhappy, sorrowful, dejected, depressed, downcast, miserable, downhearted, down, despondent, despairing, disconsolate, out of sorts, desolate, wretched, glum, gloomy, dismal, blue, melancholy, melancholic, low-spirited, mournful, woeful, woebegone, doleful, forlorn, crestfallen
- Example sentences
- Heavy use of close-ups and a restlessly moving camera consistently evoke a sense of ‘now,’ which lends the regretfulness and nostalgia of the film's later sequences a great deal of power.
- I am truly contrite, penitent, repentant, remorseful and steeped in the tears of my regretfulness.
- He was standing above me with genuine pity and regretfulness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan