- 1Restore (someone) to health or normal life by training and therapy after imprisonment, addiction, or illness: helping to rehabilitate former criminalsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Steps should be taken to restore peace, rehabilitate the affected persons and to create confidence and sense of security among them.
- Primary health care is a patient's first point of contact with the health-care system and includes promoting health, preventing disease, and treating and rehabilitating patients.
- All the patients were rehabilitated according to a modern protocol, permitting immediate full weight bearing and full range of motion.
- 1.1Restore (someone) to former privileges or reputation after a period of disfavour: with the fall of the government many former dissidents were rehabilitatedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- More recently the Victorian tycoon's reputation has been rehabilitated.
- Some people might be asking is this an attempt for you to try to rehabilitate your reputation?
- Reputations are rehabilitated or discredited.
- 1.2Return (something, especially a building or environmental feature) to its former condition: the campaign aims to rehabilitate the river’s flood plainMás ejemplos en oraciones
recondition, restore, renew, renovate, refurbish, revamp, make over, make fit for habitation/use, overhaul, develop, redevelop, convert, rebuild, reconstruct, remodel; redecorate, brighten up, freshen up, spruce up; improve, upgrade, refit, fix up, re-equip; modernize, update, bring up to date, bring into the twenty-first century; North American bring something up to code, rehab• informal do up
- The military has even been called in to assist in environmental cleanup, promote wildlife conservation, rehabilitate public housing, rebuild bridges, and aid in other community projects.
- In just five years' time, he's whittled down the amount he owes on a $150,000 loan, taken out to rehabilitate his first building, to $58,000.
- The developer originally applied for tax credits for rehabilitating a historic building, but the credits came with a stipulation that the original plastered ceilings and walls be preserved.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He has shown to be violent and he is not a good candidate for reform or rehabilitation.
- The day before my transfer to rehabilitation, I had a second stroke, this time on my right side.
- Any expected improvement could come only from rehabilitation and physiotherapy.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said one of the key objectives would be the prevention of diseases along with curative and rehabilitative service.
- However, the physical presence of the mother is recommended as part of the rehabilitative efforts undertaken for the child, since it is believed that she is the best teacher, though she may not be technically qualified.
- The persistent offender scheme is devised to catch, convict and provide effective rehabilitative support to these most prolific offenders.