verbo (reifies, reifying, reified)[with object] formal
Make (something abstract) more concrete or real: these instincts are, in man, reified as verbal constructs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Concrete abstractions regarding productive and unproductive identities are reified and spaces, along with the bodies that occupy those spaces, are imbued with ideologies of capitalism and patriarchy.
- Further, Eddie's pursuit and ultimate success in obtaining and reifying an American Dream not corrupted by materialism offers the impression that it was somewhat easy to obtain.
- Our fourth and final point is that it is not clear why market participants should suddenly forget the arbitrary way the conventional judgment is formed once it has been established (and reify the price it supports).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The life of the individual would have to take precedence over the reification of the group, and society must decide to get on with the fundamental task of living in a sustainable environment.
- If we make decisions based on our worst fears, rather than a realistic assessment of their likely reification, we are acting out of panic.
- The show, which ended its seven-season run in May, began as a reification of the horrors of high school.
Definición de reify en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.