Definición de reive en inglés:
verbo[no object] (usually as noun reiving) chiefly Scottish
Another term for reave. there was only temporary respite from reiving and feuding
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet, in the absence of the traditional ruling magnates to supervise border rule and defence, the region's precarious peace dissolved into feuds and reiving.
- Reiving was not confined to cross boundary targets.
- The problem fluctuated in intensity, despite the energetic efforts of the new regime to break the reiving clans.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These roadless hills have always been a refuge for rogues and reivers, a lawless area in times past where cattle-rustlers would hide their stolen beasts in secret clefts and hollows.
- In the 18th century this route was often used by cattle thieves, or reivers, as they hurried to escape government troops.
- As an aside, I visited Tullie House museum a while ago and the section about the Border reivers is quite fascinating.
Middle English: variant of reave; the usual spelling when referring to the historical practice of cattle-raiding on the Scottish Borders.
Palabras que riman con reiveachieve, believe, breve, cleave, conceive, deceive, eve, greave, grieve, heave, interleave, interweave, khedive, leave, misconceive, naive, Neve, peeve, perceive, reave, receive, relieve, reprieve, retrieve, sheave, sleeve, steeve, Steve, Tananarive, Tel Aviv, thieve, underachieve, upheave, weave, we've, Yves
Definición de reive en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda