- 1The dismissing or refusing of a proposal, idea, etc.: the Union decided last night to recommend rejection of the offer the rejection of the application for paroleMás ejemplos en oraciones
refusal, non-acceptance, declining, turning down, no, dismissal, spurning, rebuff• informal knock-backrebuff, spurning, abandonment, forsaking, desertion, shutting out, exclusion, shunning, cold-shouldering, ostracizing, ostracism, blackballing, blacklisting, avoidance, ignoring, snubbing, snub, cutting dead; British sending to Coventryexcommunication
- We fully support residents action against the plans, which we understand are recommended for rejection by the CMBC Officers.
- Inevitably, subjective evaluation became the ultimate criterion for inclusion or rejection of specific events.
- The lack of an explanation may in itself be sufficient basis for rejection of the transaction.
- 1.1The action of spurning a person’s affections: some people are reluctant to try it, because they fear rejectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The root problem is rebellion - some form of disobedience to God - some form of rejection of God's authority.
- The writer of the poems marks parental rejection with astounding empathy.
- Negative communication styles by parents, parental rejection, or low parental support were also related to adolescent girls' aggression.