Definición de rejoinder en inglés:
1A reply, especially a sharp or witty one: she would have made some cutting rejoinder but none came to mind
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The new reality of policing war zones is a sharp rejoinder to that work but not the first time the modern British army has faced pressures - the most notable example being Northern Ireland.
- Before Kate can respond with a witty rejoinder about geese, a waiter oozes forth and demands drink orders.
- There's so many witty rejoinders to choose from.
1.1 Law , dated A defendant’s answer to the plaintiff’s reply or replication.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Answer’ was given to this bill, replies were allowed to the ‘answer’ and rejoinders to the replies were allowed, and so on.
- At the end of the defence case, the Prosecutor may present evidence in rebuttal, then the defence may present evidence in rejoinder, and the Court may have evidence ordered by it to be presented (court evidence).
- In dissent, Justice Breyer provides the rejoinder.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán