Definición de relegate en inglés:
- As a result, even a three-year-old boy becomes the legal chief of the family and his mother is relegated to an inferior social status.
- Most of them were relegated to rear echelon positions or they were stewards on the boats or on the ships.
- We feel that economic failure has created a situation where survival and law have been relegated to antagonistic positions.
- The new blueprint would also relegate two teams from Division 1.
- They have already been relegated from division one of the league only winning one of their thirteen games.
- A win in this match by either club will go a long way towards guaranteeing a place in the Premier Division next season as only one team will be relegated.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'send into exile'): from Latin relegat- 'sent away, referred', from the verb relegare, from re- 'again' + legare 'send'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was heady stuff, but City were punching above their weight and successive relegations under former Manchester United player Wilf McGuinness saw them freefall to the basement division.
- At one stage, the club's very existence was hanging in the balance, with debts mounting in the wake of consecutive relegations which saw the team plunge from the Premier League into the Second Division.
- They have suffered two successive relegations, have struggled to get sufficient players and have just one win from nine games this term.
Palabras que riman con relegatedelegate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.