sustantivo (plural reliquaries)
- A container for holy relics.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the importance of saints and their relics increased, reliquaries and image-bearing objects, such as small statues, began to be placed upon the altar.
- Thus, when the reliquary was exhibited from the outdoor pulpit on feast days sacred to the Virgin Mary, a strong visual bond between the reliquary and the church in which it was kept could be discerned.
- The exhibition highlights aspects of Roman Catholic religious traditions and includes relics and reliquaries, religious artefacts, and an insight into the practices of the Sisters of Mercy.
mid 16th century: from French reliquaire, from Old French relique (see relic).
Más definiciones de reliquaryDefinición de reliquary en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.