Definición de remain en inglés:
- Though a silver bullet does not exist, hope remains for improved weed control.
- However, uncertainty remains regarding the effectiveness of interventions to reduce lead hazards and blood lead levels.
- But even so uncertainty remains as to possible changes in the state of targets between the time of missile launching and its flying.
- She met and married her husband, Lou, and remained there for the rest of her life.
- I no longer wish to support my husband's application to remain in the UK and we are no longer together.
- In the end, with absolutely no time remaining, a deal was cut.
- If the Court pleases, there are nine matters remaining for me to deal with.
- Twelve minutes remained to be played, and four more were added.
remain to be seen
- Used to express the notion that something is not yet known: she has broken her leg, but it remains to be seen how badlyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So that's certainly going to unfold in the next couple of days and remains to be seen.
- Whether it can face the fact of defeat or loss of office remains to be seen.
- Waterloo will begin playoff action on the road, but it remains to be seen where they will travel to.
mansion from Late Middle English:
The rich person's mansion and the minister's manse have the same origin. They both derive from Latin mansio ‘place where someone stays’, from manere ‘to stay’ (the source of remain (Late Middle English) and manor (Middle English)). A mansion was originally the home of a medieval lord of the manor, but the word later extended to any large, impressive house. ‘The principal house of an estate’ was also the original sense of manse; it became increasingly restricted to an ecclesiastical residence, and is now a house occupied by a Church of Scotland or other Nonconformist minister. A son or daughter of the manse (like Prime Minister Gordon Brown) is a child of a Church of Scotland minister. See also palace
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.