- But we'd be remiss if we neglected to spread the word about what might be the Upper East Side's best gourmet bargain.
- Having said all of this though, I believe that it would be remiss of me if I did not challenge Ms Cherry to substantiate her very strong statement.
- The advice isn't entirely remiss, but over the years, such glib counsel has resulted in a preponderance of breezy, aimless books long on episodic family humour but short on meaning.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I've been remiss in mentioning it, but when it comes to the Internet in general I am the epitome of remissness.
- Anyway, I believe I have attained a level of remissness which is no longer pleasant, and therefore cannot remit any more.
- He also said he wished ‘to have done public justice to the mildness of the present administration and at the same time to have acquitted them… of any charge of remissness in not having previously detected a conspiracy.’
Late Middle English: from Latin remissus 'slackened', past participle of remittere. The early senses were 'weakened in colour or consistency' and (in describing sound) 'faint, soft'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.