- The decision will have profound repercussions on this debate in New Zealand; let's hope the issue doesn't die with unfinished business.
- China insists that the peg of the Hong Kong dollar to the US dollar will be kept for the moment, but if it were to fail, then there would be serious repercussions on the Chinese economy.
- That affected not only the racial mix of the country but went on to having wider repercussions on the culture of the country.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Put differently, the threat of the repercussive measures of messing with the United States will never disappear, and must be enforced.
- At the court hearing, the company emphasised its offer was conditional on there being no repercussive claims from other groups.
- Never mind, there's usually sheer joy of a restoration to normality within hours, to be followed by repercussive traffic jams for the rest of the day in areas remote to the power cut.
Late Middle English (as a medical term meaning 'repressing of infection'): from Old French, or from Latin repercussio(n-), from repercutere 'cause to rebound, push back', from re- 'back, again' + percutere 'to strike'. The early sense 'driving back, rebounding' (mid 16th century) gave rise later to 'blow given in return', hence sense 1 (early 20th century).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.