North American • informal
sustantivo (plural repos)
- 1 another term for repurchase agreement. in Germany, repos usually run for about one monthMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is Wall Street that is behind the enormous expansion of commercial paper, repos, and other money market instruments.
- When the Federal Reserve temporarily supplies these funds to the market by buying securities from dealers with a commitment to resell, the transaction is called a repo, (repurchase agreement).
- A repo is a repurchase agreement which allows an investor to buy and sell the bonds back at convenience while a pledge is the use of government bonds as collateral to borrow money.
verbo (repo's, repo'ing, repo'd)[with object] Volver al principio
- Repossess (a car or other item) when a buyer defaults on payments: she’s from the collection agency, come to repo the carMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Operator: ‘It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'd.’
- His brother's wife was working, part time, as a waitress (before their only mode of transportation was repo'd.)
- Homes, furniture, entertainment units all over town were being repo'd every day; even life on the installment plan wasn't cutting it in the low-cost Mojave Desert.
Más definiciones de repoDefinición de repo en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.