- The spectator observes a certain space and has the capacity to report on what their eyes see.
- NKA was founded in 1994 to report on activities of contemporary African art and to train young African writers.
- Parker will report on what's in the bottle, courageously unconcerned by the reputation on the label or by the affability of the wine-maker.
- Coverage such as the Time article illustrates reflexivity because it not only reported on the event, but it drew attention to the production of the event as news.
- But news agency AFP reported on Monday that thousands of the League's supporters took to the streets of the capital Dhaka on Monday in protest.
- An American editor and newspaperman who reported on the Scopes trial, which concerned evolution.
- Although not reported, the study's findings do not indicate high multicollinearity among cluster variates.
- However, the captains of the detained ships have been reported as describing the US action as piracy.
- Although sales fell a reported six percent during the most recent fiscal year, sources remain confident in the sustainability of the Kinkade brand.
- The Communications Authority has called on the general public to make their complaints official by reporting them to the Authority.
- Garnet was accused of knowing about the plot beforehand and not reporting it to the authorities. he was accused of Jesuitical equivocation.
- A ferryman to whom they gave a silver 20-shilling piece decided they must be noblemen who were going to fight a duel abroad, and reported them to the authorities.
- Despite what appeared to be widespread support for the bills, they were reported out of committee unfavorably.
- Historically, bills have been given a three-day delay in between the time the Rules Committee reports them out and the House takes them up; that requirement has been waived on numerous occasions in recent years.
- That's very important to get that over with in August, to get back in September, have the relevant committees report the legislation out.
- Finally he simply took refuge in his dressing room and refused to report for his next scene, announcing that he hated his wardrobe.
- When 100 hopeful young boys report for training camp at the end of the summer, they think they are headed for the usual pre-season good time.
- Within minutes, firefighters off shift and heading home were calling, reporting in and getting ready to go to work.
- It has also been learned that the head of strategic development - suspended from duties pending the outcome of the inquiry into overcharging - has reported back for duty.
- Bettye and Peggy had been told to run out and get something to eat and a quick rest before reporting back for duty.
- It had nobody on the ground in Washington, networking with legislators and their staffs, listening to the gossip, shooting the breeze - and reporting back to base.
- Seward responds immediately, and reports to Holmwood.
- Day-to-day activities varied from helping with the telephone and photocopying to reporting to her supervisor about on-going legislative committee hearings and her own bill-analysis research.
- Analysts and investment bankers now must report to different supervisors, and they must be physically separated.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- However one defines its official status, the report is to a considerable degree at variance with the picture of the Communist Party of the United States given by historians of the American left.
- A good case can be made against foreign aid simply by perusing the official documents and reports published by government lending agencies themselves.
- Unwanted annual reports and other shareholder documents may also bother you.
- She has investigated the events, the media reports and testimony from victims of those attacks.
- Media reports suggest Eircom does not intend to use the proceeds of any refinancing to repay equity.
- Media reports at the time described Yeltsin as ‘a brash bear of a man from the Urals brought to Moscow to boost Gorbachev's reform efforts’.
- Teachers can enter progress reports for each student and print a summary progress report when desired.
- The teacher completes a report and returns it to the student's school counselor at the end of each grading period.
- Along the way, I must qualify extreme principles in various ways and then challenge my students with examinations and term paper reports about my lectures.
- The Master of the Court makes policy decisions on investments and supervises her small but well-trained staff in administering these funds and even preparing court reports.
- We never get a complete picture of Sayonara, merely a series of lively second-hand reports, which is very much the point - through these she achieves a mythical status.
- According to recent reports, Attorney General Michael McDowell is examining legal options to tackle this growth industry.
- It's been two years since we first began to hear reports of a promising new wave stirring in Thailand, a country whose cinematic past is almost completely unknown in the West.
- And, I have been a better, more consistent mentor/teacher to my direct reports.
late Middle English: from Old French reporter (verb), report (noun), from Latin reportare 'bring back', from re- 'back' + portare 'carry'. The sense 'give an account' gave rise to 'submit a formal report', hence 'inform an authority of one's presence' (sense 2 of the verb, mid 19th century) and 'be accountable to a superior' (sense 3 of the verb, late 19th century).
- However, his continued existence on normal location is not without some cost to staff who have to endure an ongoing tirade of abuse and threat which almost any other inmate would find himself on report for.
- Mark managed to get himself sin-binned and placed on report twice for late challenges but despite their numerical disadvantage Leigh put together their best move of the match to give Maden his second try.
- I'll have you up on report so fast your head'll spin!
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As such, the western press was almost entirely focused on the impending war and Rachel's killing received relatively little coverage, which did not venture beyond reportable facts and statements.
- But he didn't have any sort of reaction that really is reportable to say that he reacted in one way or another to her.
- West Nile Virus encephalitis has recently been added to the list of designated reportable illnesses.