- A speaker’s words reported in subordinate clauses governed by a reporting verb, with the required changes of person and tense (e.g. he said that he would go, based on I will go). Also called indirect speech. Contrasted with direct speech.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Janie's courtroom testimony is also, however, a case of reported speech nested within reported speech.
- The use of says with a first-person singular pronoun is common in representations of reported speech in numerous American dialects.
- ‘And he turns round and says’: A baffling prefix to reported speech, common in working-class southern England since the 1960s.
Más definiciones de reported speechDefinición de reported speech en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.