Definición de reprimand en inglés:
A formal expression of disapproval: the golfer received a reprimand for a breach of rules
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They both received a written reprimand and were ordered to pay significant costs.
- His behavior, which did not go unnoticed, became the subject of a formal reprimand by the Cliburn Foundation chairman.
- Among other unfair treatments she made him mop the floor and issued formal warnings for relatively minor offences for which female employees received mild, informal reprimands.
rebuke, reproof, admonishment, admonition, reproach, reproval, scolding, remonstration, upbraiding, castigation, lambasting, lecture, criticism, censure
informal telling-off, rap, rap over the knuckles, slap on the wrist, flea in one's ear, dressing-down, earful, roasting, tongue-lashing, bawling-out, caning, blast
Australian/New Zealand informal serve
British vulgar slang bollocking
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Address a reprimand to: officials were reprimanded for poor work
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He came to the attention of the authorities only because, returning one day from hunting, he had shot a tame bird; reprimanded by a bystander, he replied that if the man would only stay while he charged his piece, he would shoot him too.
- In 1932 the cast would have been severely reprimanded backstage afterwards - and worse!
- Things go from bad to worse as Nick returns to the stall moaning about being reprimanded by a security guard for handing out flyers.
rebuke, admonish, chastise, chide, upbraid, reprove, reproach, scold, remonstrate with, berate, take to task, pull up, castigate, lambaste, read someone the Riot Act, give someone a piece of one's mind, haul over the coals, lecture, criticize, censure
informal tell off, give someone a talking-to, give someone a telling-off, dress down, give someone a dressing-down, give someone an earful, give someone a roasting, give someone a rocket, give someone a rollicking, rap, rap over the knuckles, slap someone's wrist, send someone away with a flea in their ear, let someone have it, bawl out, give someone hell, come down on, blow up, pitch into, lay into, lace into, give someone a caning, put on the mat, slap down, blast, rag, keelhaul
British informal tick off, have a go at, carpet, give someone a mouthful, tear someone off a strip, give someone what for, give someone some stick, wig, give someone a wigging, give someone a row, row
Australian informal monster
Palabras que riman con reprimandcountermand
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda