Definición de reprise en inglés:
1A repeated passage in music.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After a reprise of the music for horns and piano for another short male solo, the Coda begins in vigorous style.
- Some later examples introduced more complex techniques, such as canon (Mozart's Symphony no. 40, in G minor), and some treat the reprise of the minuet after the trio with elaborate embellishments.
- However, the Jay recording also includes just about everything, including instrumental reprises, instrumental covers of scene changes, the curtain-call music, and the exit music that played while the audience left the theater.
1.1A repetition or further performance of something: a stale reprise of past polemic
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His conspicuously theatrical account of the cathedral setting, of the votive lighting, and of his own pantomimic actions identifies this scene as a performative reprise of the dilemma of the bargain discussed earlier.
- The words are also haunted by Dickens's fear of a reprise of a violent social revolution akin to that experienced in France in the last decade of the eighteenth century.
- Boris Karloff, who played the monster first in Frankenstein, turned down a reprise of the role because he feared the monster would only be demeaned and denigrated.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Repeat (a piece of music or a performance): he reprises his role as the vigilante architect
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Peter Sellers, who had wanted to play Fagin, had committed to other projects by the time production began and so Ron Moody, who had played the role on stage, reprised his performance.
- Leo Burmester simply reprised his performance in Les Misérables, although the show's most rousing number, ‘How Many Devils?’
- Piazzolla used to lead his bands from the bandoneon, and accordionist James Crabb reprised the composer's role.
Palabras que riman con repriseAchinese, Ambonese, appease, Assamese, Balinese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Chinese, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Madurese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, Rwandese, seise, seize, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sleaze, sneeze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, trapeze, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda