Revoke, cancel, or repeal (a law, order, or agreement): the government eventually rescinded the directive
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many a time a State refuses to honour a tribunal award or it rescinds its agreement.
- In addition to the changes you mention, a free labor market would require rescinding any laws that prohibit an employer from firing any worker at any time for any reason.
- Regional leaders responded by rescinding his order, and getting him fired from his job.
revoke, repeal, cancel, reverse, abrogate, overturn, overrule, override, annul, nullify, declare null and void, make void, void, invalidate, render invalid, quash, abolish, set aside, countermand, retract, withdraw;
Law vacate, avoid
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Last season Dennis was told that he couldn't appeal against his red card because cards for violent conduct are not rescindable.
- A new procedure, the rescindable terminal contract, was introduced that could be nullified when the faculty member received grant support.
- Because details of a transfer are implemented between a rescindable capability and a goods description, rights to goods of any type can be transferred.
Mid 16th century: from Latin rescindere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + scindere 'to divide, split'.
Palabras que riman con rescinddownwind, Lind, prescind, Sind, upwind, wind
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: re|scind
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda