Definición de residuum en inglés:
sustantivo (plural residua /-djʊə/)
1 technical A chemical residue.
- But figuring out exactly how to regenerate ammonia borane from the residuum left after hydrogen has been extracted remains a stumbling block.
- The barite ore is massive and occurs within residuum derived from carbonate units.
- Type I peridotites are interpreted to be the residua remaining after extraction of a partial melt.
2 Sociology A class of society that is unemployed and without privileges or opportunities: the urban residuum
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Examples would be vagrants, skid-row alcoholics, the unemployed or casually employed residuum, youth adopting a deviant cultural style, ethnic minorities, gays, prostitutes and radical political organizations.
- Whereas the incorporation of the working class modified their systematic resentment at policing, police conflict with the residuum at the base of the social hierarchy remained.
- Though the residuum is in one sense a social category, the concept implies that the group stands outside society and resists easy categorization.
late 17th century: from Latin, neuter of residuus 'remaining', from the verb residere.
Definición de residuum en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan