Definición de resilient en inglés:
- Foam is resilient, keeps its shape and comes in a range of densities.
- Just a small portion of this resilient rubber gray matter is all one needs to erase away the problems.
- Support surfaces that are made from resilient foam exhibit this type of elastic response.
- The belief that girls are more resilient to environmental factors than boys was thus not supported.
- They are a hardy and resilient species, a fact evident from their continued existence into the 21st century.
- They were resilient people with strong faith and a firm belief in providence.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet the people - the nation's true wealth - are resiliently optimistic, determined to make the best of what they have.
- To maintain its relaxed uprightness, a balanced body then begins to make spontaneous movements and adjustments, ever so slightly, ever so resiliently.
- ‘I'm going to find my little brother and say goodbye to him,’ she said resiliently, and then she stormed out.
This is from Latin resilire ‘leap back’. The first senses recorded were ‘returning to the original position’ and ‘looking back’; the prime current sense, for someone who bounces back under pressure dates from the early 19th century. Result (Late Middle English) developed from a closely related Latin verb resultare ‘to spring back’.
Palabras que riman con resilientvaliant • salient • emollient
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.