Definición de resilient en inglés:
- The belief that girls are more resilient to environmental factors than boys was thus not supported.
- They are a hardy and resilient species, a fact evident from their continued existence into the 21st century.
- They were resilient people with strong faith and a firm belief in providence.
- Foam is resilient, keeps its shape and comes in a range of densities.
- Just a small portion of this resilient rubber gray matter is all one needs to erase away the problems.
- Support surfaces that are made from resilient foam exhibit this type of elastic response.
- 1resiliently adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet the people - the nation's true wealth - are resiliently optimistic, determined to make the best of what they have.
- To maintain its relaxed uprightness, a balanced body then begins to make spontaneous movements and adjustments, ever so slightly, ever so resiliently.
- ‘I'm going to find my little brother and say goodbye to him,’ she said resiliently, and then she stormed out.
Mid 17th century: from Latin resilient- 'leaping back', from the verb resilire (see resile).
This is from Latin resilire ‘leap back’. The first senses recorded were ‘returning to the original position’ and ‘looking back’; the prime current sense, for someone who bounces back under pressure dates from the early 19th century. Result (Late Middle English) developed from a closely related Latin verb resultare ‘to spring back’.
Palabras que riman con resilientvaliant • salient • emollient
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.