Definición de resistless en inglés:
1Powerful and irresistible: a resistless impulse
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It gives a particular direction to every sentiment and action, and carries a man forward, as by a kind of resistless impulse, or insuperable destiny.
- Humanity, gripped in the clutches of its devastating power, is smitten by the evidence of its resistless fury.
- For three whole days, during which time did not exist for him, he struggled in that black sack into which he was being thrust by an invisible, resistless force.
1.1Powerless to resist the effect of someone or something; unresisting.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Her first song is filled with autumn imagery of fading life, reflecting the loneliness and despair of one who sees only a resistless need to fall into the deep sleep of death as the darkness of winter comes on.
- I pictured to myself the emotional agonies, the tempests of passion, the lust of greed, the calm, subdued, resistless attitude of despair which at times found expression by the sale of mothers or fathers, brothers or sisters, wives or husbands, sweethearts or friends.
- Its doctrine-implied passive and resistless attitude. Masters advised followers to control their emotions and to calm their minds.
- 1resistlessly adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the fall of the year this luxuriant growth of grass would be set on fire by the Indians or hunters, and especially when the wind was high would sweep resistlessly over the prairies, forming a spectacle, especially at night, that was at once magnificent and terrifying.
- When, after the land had again been laid dry through elevation, the northern torrents swept resistlessly on to the sea, the city was again deluged by a sea of water, this time fresh, whose surface rose to an altitude corresponding to the pinnacles of many of our tallest church spires.
- Worth would have fallen but for the strong hand that upheld him, and dragged him resistlessly forward.
Definición de resistless en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda