- The ratio of the volume of carbon dioxide evolved to that of oxygen consumed by an organism, tissue, or cell in a given time.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The respiratory quotient is the amount of CO 2 relative to the amount of O 2 consumed (in normal situations this is approximately 0.8)
- The alveolar-arterial oxygen pressure difference was calculated for each sample by the alveolar gas equation, using the measured respiratory quotient during the same time point of exercise.
- The respiratory quotient was often outside normal parameters.
Más definiciones de respiratory quotientDefinición de respiratory quotient en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.