sustantivo (plural responsories)
- (In the Christian Church) an anthem said or sung by a soloist and choir after a lesson.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I was introduced to his music by something he probably considered rather minor: a little book of hymns and responsories for the church year.
- The chants set were Vespers responsories, Mass graduals, and alleluias, and perhaps some processional antiphons.
- Prime refers to the Divine Office, the regimen of worship separated into daily ‘hours’ - those psalms, canticles, hymns, responsories, antiphons, and so on, distinct from the mass.
late Middle English: from late Latin responsorium, from Latin respons- 'answered' from the verb respondere (see respond).
Más definiciones de responsoryDefinición de responsory en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.