Definición de resultative en inglés:
Expressing, indicating, or relating to the outcome of an action.
- This crosslinguistic asymmetry has not received an entirely satisfactory explanation, despite the fact that resultative predication has been widely discussed from a variety of perspectives.
- Applying this agenda to the resultative construction, one might search for semantic or other constraints on the construction's acceptability.
- The analysis will then be extended to resultative and depictive secondary predicates in sections 4 and 5, and will be compared to some of the syntactically based alternatives that have been proposed in the literature.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A resultative verb, conjunction, or clause.
- The question raised from this semantics is, where does the causative interpretation of resultatives come from?
- We have argued that all of resultatives, depictives, and quasi-serials in languages like English, and serial verbs under their various interpretations, have essentially the same structure.
Definición de resultative en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan