- Like others who are naturally reticent and introverted he was able, says Dimbleby, to lose himself in the disciplined freedom of performance.
- Turner was famously reticent regarding his private life.
- He was unusually withdrawn and reticent during that time, until suddenly, the more public horror of world events seemed to shock him out of it.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He looked at me, smiling reticently, and said, ‘I'll pick you up at 7.’
- It was remarkable to see this young girl walk reticently on stage, sit at the piano and begin to play so naturally, confidently and without any interference to the musical flow.
- Haskil plays the two concertos intimately but not reticently.
Mid 19th century: from Latin reticent- 'remaining silent', from the verb reticere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + tacere 'be silent'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: reti|cent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.