- 1A device for retracting something: seat belts with automatic retractorsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Easily visualizing the acetabulum, the surgeon places retractors, avoiding sciatic nerve injury.
- The surgeon and assistant protect the sciatic nerve with retractors while dividing the hip capsule, leaving all possible structures intact.
- The surgeon places two self-retaining retractors at right angles to one another to retract the longus colli muscles.
- 1.1 (also retractor muscle) chiefly Zoology A muscle serving to retract a part of the body. Compare with protractor.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The literature on echinoderm neurobiology is sparse, but one of the few studies available found that the pharyngeal retractor muscle of the holothurian Cucumaria has perhaps 700 motor units.
- On the day of the experiment, the shell was opened, the anterior byssus retractor muscle was exposed, and the pedal ganglia removed.
- In the overhead thrower, the shoulder external rotator muscles, scapular retractor muscles, and protractor and depressor muscles are frequently isolated because of weakness.
Más definiciones de retractorDefinición de retractor en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.