- 1 [mass noun] The process of getting something back from somewhere: the investigation was completed after the retrieval of plane wreckageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Today, we are inundated with so much data in so many formats, that, even though retrieval is theoretically easier, it can still be difficult to develop a truly useful project archive.
- The impact of her words, now beyond retrieval, spread out in slow motion to fill the moment.
- Woody was involved in retrieval of a bag from a parked vehicle, for which he was paid £60.
- 2The action of obtaining or consulting material stored in a computer system: online information retrieval [as modifier]: storage and retrieval systemsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A search engine optimizes the retrieval process by indexing.
- A library user is presented with an array of other online and CD-ROM products, some offering abstracts or full-text retrieval.
- Documents are bulk-processed and, then, loaded into a large online database for storage and retrieval.
Más definiciones de retrievalDefinición de retrieval en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.