Definición de revanchism en inglés:
A policy of seeking to retaliate, especially to recover lost territory: a recipe for deep future resentment, revanchism and renewed conflict
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Given the climate of hatred, violence, and revanchism ubiquitous in the refugee camps, the likelihood of meeting this requirement is nil.
- During the Cold War, the Soviet Union constantly reminded Poland, which had absorbed much of Germany's former eastern regions, that it was the Poles' sole protection against German revanchism.
- ‘For me personally, the political revanchism going on in Latvia is very painful,’ she said.
revanchist adjetivo& sustantivo
- Example sentences
- Knock back your entire shot in one gulp, immediately inverting your glass over the table to allow the microscopic last drop to fall out, proving you're not a wuss or a reactionary revanchist Trotskyite provocateur.
- In doing so they unwittingly created a powerful tradition of revanchist paramilitarism that was to explode in their faces in 1971.
- France might, for example, have continued with the revanchist attitude to Germany which blighted the continent in the inter-war period.
Definición de revanchism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India