verbo[with object] chiefly North American
Produce a new growth of vegetation on (disturbed or barren ground): each spring we revegetate acre after acre with pine seedlings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For adventurers who want to immerse themselves completely in the Club's mission, there are service trips, in which participants build trails, revegetate overused areas, or map archaeological sites in splendid surroundings.
- We still want to see good management over that bushland, but the fundamentally critical work is to get the cleared bits that separate the important bushland areas and revegetate them like this.
- So while Sampson hoped to revegetate the Wasatch Plateau more like nature ordinarily revegetated it, he still sought to improve the land to a condition that was better than the original.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- From safaris to ski tours to revegetation projects, Sierra Club Outings has a trip for you.
- The Forest Service's ongoing programs of revegetation, more refined techniques of range management, and declining numbers of livestock have all assisted in the recovery of the Wasatch Plateau.
- If there was any significant recovery, it probably resulted from spontaneous regrowth rather than artificial revegetation and artificial erosion control.
Definición de revegetate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda