- A signal sounded especially on a bugle or drum to wake personnel in the armed forces: reveille was at 0430 hoursMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At five o'clock in the morning, the reveille sounds and prisoner Ivan Denisovich Shukov lies in his bunk, wondering if he should get up.
- With an affectionate gaze at his sober colleague, the prudent maidservant removes the wine-bottle, while a trumpeter at the door satirically sounds the reveille.
- As the bugler played the reveille he finished his salute and walked past the Pool of Remembrance where a crowd had gathered.
mid 17th century: from French réveillez! 'wake up!', imperative plural of réveiller, based on Latin vigilare 'keep watch'.
Más definiciones de reveilleDefinición de reveille en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.