- A style of drama, popular in England during the late 16th and 17th centuries, in which the basic plot was a quest for vengeance and which typically featured scenes of carnage and mutilation. Examples of the genre include Thomas Kyd’s The Spanish Tragedy (1592) and John Webster’s The Duchess Of Malfi (1623).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- John Webster's revenge tragedy The Duchess of Malfi is a dark thrillfest with a body count to rival a Tarantino film.
- If proof were needed of the unimportance of genre, revenge tragedy would serve.
- He would ultimately be released from the state institution where he was confined for four years, in a legal case that has all the drama and double-dealing of revenge tragedy.
Más definiciones de revenge tragedyDefinición de revenge tragedy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.