Definición de revile en inglés:
Criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner: he was now reviled by the party that he had helped to lead
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Adored by their fans and reviled by their critics, not since Stryper has a band with such big hair been so close to heaven and hell.
- In the course of that bitter conflict, Lincoln had been reviled and attacked without mercy.
- They too were reviled as outsiders, branded as parasites on the indigenous society.
criticize, censure, condemn, attack, inveigh against, rail against, lambaste, flay, savage, brand, stigmatize, denounce;
blacken someone's reputation, defame, smear, slander, libel, traduce, cast aspersions on, cast a slur on, malign, vilify, calumniate, besmirch, run down, abuse
informal knock, slam, pan, bash, take to pieces, take apart, crucify, hammer, lay into, slate, roast, skewer, bad-mouth
North American informal pummel
Australian/New Zealand informal bag
rare vituperate against, excoriate
Middle English: from Old French reviler, based on vil 'vile'.
- Example sentences
- As copy editor, and as an acquaintance to many of the complainants, I have received several letters expressing individuals' revilement with the cavalier attitude presented toward women.
- During the years of feminist revilement, Hughes wrote and said little in public about his life with Plath.
- Yogh grabbed hold of a nearby pillar to steady himself, and found out - much to his revilement - that it was composed of skulls, both human and animal.
- Example sentences
- The well-known cheer, meritorious though it may be, seemed misdirected to rival revilers like myself.
- The Scriptures plainly warn professing Christians that ‘the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God… neither fornicators… nor idolaters… nor thieves, nor revilers… shall inherit the kingdom of God’.
- Rig Veda refers to these non-conformists as ‘Devapiyu’, i.e. revilers of Vedic gods.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India