Definición de revoke en inglés:
- This in turn gave the Catholic monarchs an excuse to revoke their promises.
- I said nothing, just nodded my head before I said anything to go back on or revoke my promise, so carefully and so brashly made.
- If a customer cancels within 30 days, the satellite provider revokes the retailer's commission.
- A revoke counts the same as at Short Whist, but the exposed hand cannot revoke.
- Since cards are added to one's hand during the course of the game, it is possible that a player may revoke by either playing a trump card to take a trick, when one's hand had a legal play, or play an off suit when a legal card was in one's hand.
- As in Droggn, this revoke penalty is too mild to be an effective deterrent to deliberate revoking, and is only suitable as a punishment for an accidental error.
voice from (Middle English):
A word derived from Latin vox ‘voice’ and is related to vocabulary (mid 16th century), vocal (Middle English), vocation (Late Middle English), and vociferous (early 17th century), while the verb vocare ‘to call’ appears in convoke (late 16th century) ‘call together’; equivocate (Late Middle English) literally ‘call by the same name’; evoke (early 17th century) ‘call out’; invoke (Late Middle English) ‘call upon’; provoke (Late Middle English) ‘call forth’; revoke (Late Middle English) ‘call back’; and vouch (Middle English) and voucher (early 16th century). Vowel (Middle English) is from Old French vouel, from Latin vocalis (littera) ‘vocal (letter)’. The Latin root survives in vox pop, ‘an informal survey of people's opinion’, which is short for Latin vox populi or ‘voice of the people’. When people refer to an ignored advocate of reform as a voice in the wilderness they are echoing the words of John the Baptist proclaiming the coming of the Messiah: ‘I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness.’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Even the Attorney General and County Prosecutors' Association agree such revocations are counterproductive, and are supporting the bills.
- But awards themselves are just gestures, and revocations are the best countergesture that can now be made.
- It was the agent who had come to inform him about Sanna's termination and the revocation of his parental rights.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In his judgment, Judge Brown stated The Babcock & Wilcox Company ‘was solvent under the Louisiana revocatory action on July 1, 1998.’
- A report from the Department of Statistics of the Embassy of the United States in Bolivia reveals that seven of the nine prefects (governors) of the Andean country will lose the revocatory referendum to be realised the next 10 of August.
- A party to whom child support is owed, including the Department of Social Services when rendering child support enforcement services, may seek enforcement of a child support obligation by any lawful means provided by law, including the use of a revocatory or oblique action brought pursuant to the provisions of Civil Code Article 2036 et seq.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.