Having or resembling the shape of a rhombus: a rhomboid prism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another hypothesis was that wind forces at ‘hot spots,’ which resulted from the rhomboid shape of the tower, caused overstressing of the glass.
- The rhomboid shape of the crystals was confirmed in thick sections and by electron microscopy.
- Convex, flat and concave rhomboid units clad the building's distinctive dia-grid structure to produce remarkable visual effects.
1A parallelogram in which adjacent sides are unequal.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Its arrangement of forms - a bulky, white rhomboid with curved sides that is balanced unsteadily on a dark rectangle - at first floats freely as a pure, nonrepresentational abstraction a la Ellsworth Kelly.
- Between the two sat a white, benchlike rhomboid that mimicked the shape of the chamber, creating the effect of one surreally distorted ‘white cube’ within another.
- Another visually interesting dessert is the kalamay na ure, which looks like a glowing purple rhomboid, a sweet pasty thing made with purple rice.
2 (also rhomboid muscle) another term for rhomboideus.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Close-grip work also helps improve posture and body carriage by strengthening the mid-back muscles, rhomboids and erector spinae.
- When I pull the bar into my upper abdomen, just below my sternum, applying continuous tension without peak contractions, I can feel every muscle in my upper lats, rear deltoids, rhomboids and traps flexing individually.
- The rhomboids, deep muscles that run horizontally between your shoulder blades, help stabilize them by keeping them down and together.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This is wrapped in a rhomboidal grid, like a giant fishing net, infilled with a mixture of flat, concave and convex panels of glass.
- The supraoccipital is a weakly rhomboidal element, which meets the parietal in its deep posterior embayment as described above.
- Most sporangiospores were angulated to rhomboidal; a few were oval.
Definición de rhomboid en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda