Definición de rhubarb en inglés:
- Don't, whatever you do, and I'm being one hundred per cent serious here, mix quadruple whiskies, cheeseburgers and re-heated rhubarb pie.
- There would be rhubarb pie and buttermilk, flags flying and youngsters scampering, a parade, a pageant, and fireworks to light up the night sky.
- Tom surveyed the table, eyes settling on rhubarb pie.
- Rheum rhaponticum (or rhabarbarum), family Polygonaceae
- Perennials, such as artichokes, asparagus and rhubarb are also sold in bare-root form.
- As soon as the soil can be worked, plant bare-root asparagus, horseradish, Jerusalem artichokes, and rhubarb.
- Unfolded flower buds of rhubarb are cooked in the same ways as elderberry flowers.
- Its common name is prickly rhubarb and it does indeed look like rhubarb gone ballistic.
- Other common names include pestwurz, blatterdock, bog rhubarb, and butter-dock.
- Suddenly stuck for words to say, we started saying mumble mumble mumble and rah rah rah and rhubarb rhubarb to each other, and being extra-animated in our facial expressions and gestures.
- After all, Martin reasoned, such retaliation is a commonplace of baseball, with brushback rhubarbs happening almost weekly every season.
- Still, it was just a run-of-the-mill rhubarb, barely worth comment, which is true of most such arguments between arbiters and managers or players.
- An intense rhubarb developed which lasted 34 minutes.
late Middle English (denoting the rootstock of other plants of this genus used medicinally): from Old French reubarbe, from a shortening of medieval Latin rheubarbarum, alteration (by association with rheum 'rhubarb') of rhabarbarum 'foreign rhubarb', from Greek rha (also meaning 'rhubarb') + barbaros 'foreign'.
Definición de rhubarb en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.