- A type of slang that replaces words with rhyming words or phrases, typically with the rhyming element omitted. For example butcher’s, short for butcher’s hook, means ‘look’ in Cockney rhyming slang.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Words from Romany (originally an Indian dialect), Shelta (the cant of the Irish tinkers), Yiddish, back slang, rhyming slang and other non-standard English are interspersed with words of Italian origin.
- In the backstreets of London, his unofficial languages included rhyming slang, back slang, and a variant of London back slang known as ‘aiga’.
- There are some interesting Australian examples of this truncated rhyming slang.
Más definiciones de rhyming slangDefinición de rhyming slang en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.