sustantivo (plural rhytons or rhyta /ˈrʌɪtə, ˈrɪtə/)
- A type of drinking container used in ancient Greece, typically having the form of an animal’s head or a horn, with the hole for drinking from located at the lower or pointed end.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This empire's wealth and grandeur is manifested in the quality and range of jewellery, metalwork and seal stones; the filigree and inlay designs on the jewellery and the rhytons (drinking vessels) stand out.
- A rhyton is a drinking vessel typically taking a horned animal shape in a metonymous gesture to its function as an elaborate drinking horn.
- A conical rhyton from the cemetery at Kameiros on Rhodes is even less easily understood.
from Greek rhuton, neuter of rhutos 'flowing'; related to rhein 'to flow'.
Más definiciones de rhytonDefinición de rhyton en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.