- A chiefly aquatic worm with an elongated, unsegmented, flattened body that is typically brightly coloured and tangled in knots, and a long proboscis for catching food.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Phylum Nemertea: two classes
- These include the sea star Odontaster validus, the sea urchin Sterechinus neumayeri and the ribbon worm Parborlasia corrugatus; all of which produce eggs
- In many ribbon worms and echinoderms, metamorphosis is remarkably rapid, with the major changes from larval to adult body form taking less than half an hour.
- Bootlace worm: These slender ribbon worms are usually around 5m long when fully extended, but they can reach up to 30m.
Más definiciones de ribbon wormDefinición de ribbon worm en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.