A minute particle consisting of RNA and associated proteins found in large numbers in the cytoplasm of living cells. They bind messenger RNA and transfer RNA to synthesize polypeptides and proteins.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Motors, such as RNA polymerases and ribosomes, produce trailing strands of mRNA and protein, respectively.
- Thus transcribing RNA polymerases and ribosomes may all be bound to the same RNA molecule while marching in the same direction.
- This necessitated a mechanism for the import of the now nucleus-encoded proteins, which are synthesized at free ribosomes in the cytoplasm.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Almost all eukaryotes have multiple copies of their nuclear ribosomal RNA cistrons, arranged in a long tandem array.
- Both subunits are composed of long RNA strands complexed with ribosomal proteins.
- Gene order changes involving protein-encoding and ribosomal RNA genes are rare events within most animal phyla.
Definición de ribosome en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.