Definición de rich en inglés:
- You can't argue that somehow this very rich family needs this money.
- Simply shifting money from the rich to the poor is not the right way.
- So, what are these schemes and are they worth considering if you find yourself in the position of being ‘asset rich but income poor’?
- The implication is that protecting manufacturing industries accounts for the success of rich countries.
- To the extent that the rich countries have bigger economies and more export trade, there is some truth in this claim.
- The G8 summit at Gleneagles next week will discuss the likely impact of high oil prices on the global economy and what the rich countries of the west ought to do in response.
- The narrower the layer of individuals enjoying success and the greater their wealth, the less rich the material and the less enduring the art.
- Sage opened the door to see a fancy room with a fair sized bed, everything in the room looked rich and expensive as well.
- Here, as in other places, Kent's elegant furniture and rich decoration anticipated the interiors of Robert Adam.
- To emphasise the lack of incident, City didn't carve out an effort on goal until more than 30 minutes had passed but at least when they did it brought rich reward.
- The long journey North played havoc with the travelling Blues support, but there was rich reward for the faithful fans who travelled.
- The cabinet system at local level brings rich rewards for councillors in Bexley's cabinet.
- Most of us are limited in the time we can spend on holiday so it's a matter of choices from the rich abundance of scenic delights that are available on this road.
- Because of the rich nerve supply to the head, neck and face, any surgery, no matter how small and routine, carries an inherent risk of cardiac arrest.
- Although Pattaya now has a rich abundance of retail stores, a few foodstuffs are still hard or impossible to obtain.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole-grain products.
- Eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables is also helpful.
- No, the advantages of taking cocoa can be attained by eating a diet rich in fruit and vegetables.
- This is rich food, with spicing the owners say is unique to their restaurant.
- The sauce was rich and delicately spiced, with a hint of turmeric and a sprinkling of fresh coriander.
- The Swedes, heavily influenced by the French, use rich sauces in their food.
- The wine is very rich, but the acidity saves it from being cloying.
- The 2003 version has settled and is a rich, full-bodied table wine.
- To neutralize the aftertaste of balut, the festival has halo-halo, a traditional, rich drink suitable for any occasion.
- I put my fuel mixture on rich, prop on full climb, and slowly released my brakes.
- A black dry fluffy colored plug is caused by excessive idling of the bike or by deposits from a carburetor rich with too much gas.
- Europe, a rich source of exciting, and, for the most part, inexpensive signings, in the second half of the 1990s is now seemingly ignored.
- ‘I've had letters published in Australia which have proved a rich source of stories,’ said Rob.
- Keighley is a rich source of new stories and I look forward to uncovering more of them.
- That's why I look at the rich agricultural land in Aberdeenshire and ask what can be done to make it generate more income and more jobs.
- Physiographic provinces range from the High Tatras in the north to the rich agricultural lands of the plains and the Danube Basin to the south.
- It was surrounded by rich agricultural land, while the river Wensum gave opportunities for trade with Europe.
- At the moment, there is a lot of interest in the mining industry about the potential of discovering rich mineral deposits in the area.
- A class of gentlemen farmers was emerging in Chile, some of whom had made their fortunes as a result of Chile's rich mineral deposits.
- There are rich mineral deposits and huge timber reserves, but these are largely unexploited, and lack of foreign exchange has led to food shortages.
- Their skills combined to produce the modern windows with bright rich colours and strong design that Spence wanted.
- The image is generally sharp with rich colours, deep blacks and good shadow detail.
- Her hair was a dark brown, a rich colour that matched her eyes.
- Waterloo's culture is rich and full of interesting facts, periods and places.
- George led a full and rich life that has touched and brought joy to many of us.
- Roundabout at Bangalow is a delight - subtle, amusing and full of rich details that bring much of the last century to life.
- Gerry Adams said it was a bit rich of David Trimble to belatedly complain about his little trip to London to deliver an important speech.
- So it's a bit rich for Mr Rudd to come out and criticise the Government over relations with PNG.
- Criticism of over-specialisation is a bit rich from one who is herself exactly that, a haematologist.
The Anglo-Saxons would probably have understood the US novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald's remark to Ernest Hemingway: ‘Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me.’ In Old English rich meant both ‘powerful’ and ‘wealthy’. The idea of unlimited wealth led to an association of ‘given without restraint’, and in the 18th century rich began to mean ‘outrageous, beyond acceptable limits’, which gave us a bit rich in reference to something causing ironic amusement or exasperation. Riches for ‘wealth’ is strictly speaking not a plural of rich, but from French richesse ‘wealth’.
- Example sentences
- Some subtle curving and sculpting has richened the essential shape.
- In contrast to the Japanese-style sweets sold at Mister Donut, Chang said his recipe is based on the traditional confection, with a crisp outer layer and chewy texture inside that richens the taste.
- This richens the colour by decreasing the amount of reflection and will give you that deep blue sky you want in your holiday photographs.
- Example sentences
- There are times when I feel spoilt by the richness of art on display in this country.
- The fabric of the city has a magnificent contrapuntal complexity and richness.
- The series had the texture and richness of a fine novel, while remaining effective drama.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.