- 1Material wealth: riches beyond their wildest dreamsMás ejemplos en oraciones
money, wealth, finance(s), funds, cash, hard cash, (filthy) lucre, wherewithal, means, assets, liquid assets, capital, resources, reserves, deep pockets; opulence, gold, property, treasure, affluence, substance, prosperity• informal dough, bread, loot, the ready, readies, shekels, moolah, the necessary, boodle, dibs, gelt, ducats, rhino, gravy, scratch, stuff, oofAustralian/New Zealand • informal Oscar• informal , • dated splosh, green, tinBritish • dated l.s.d.• archaic pelf
- His status as a friend of royalty undoubtedly earned him great wealth, riches and national prominence.
- More than ever, it seems, we need proof that material riches can't buy love and contentment.
- His skills have brought him adulation and riches beyond belief.
- 1.1Valuable or abundant resources: the riches of the world’s waters the riches of the Serbian oral traditionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Elsewhere in his team he has an abundance of footballing riches at his disposal.
- Pages xx to xxii of the Prologue provide an overview of the wealth of riches to follow.
- Sign up to Gary Price's excellent ResourceShelf to look at the riches available to you beyond Google.
Middle English: variant (later interpreted as a plural form) of archaic richesse, from Old French richeise (from riche 'rich').