Definición de rigging en inglés:
1The system of ropes or chains employed to support a ship’s masts ( standing rigging) and to control or set the yards and sails ( running rigging): I’m listening to the wind in the rigging
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most spectacular were the bone models of men-at-war ships whose rigging was made of human hair and sails of paper.
- As we waited in the queue on the wharf, my first impression was of the tremendous amount of rope involved in supporting the rigging and in controlling the set of the sails.
- We descended through the intact rigging on the main mast until we hit the main deck at about 25m.
2The ropes and wires supporting the structure of an airship, biplane, hang-glider, or parachute.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The crew held on to the rigging lines of his parachute as he crawled along the wing towards the fire, making holes in the wing with his hands and feet.
- His feet became entangled in the parachute's rigging lines and he began spiralling downward, head first.
- Ed chopped off a section of the keel from my Airwave K4 just behind the rear rigging wires to allow room for the prop.
2.1The system of cables and fittings controlling the flight surfaces and engines of an aircraft.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Safety Board concluded that the incorrect rigging wasn't a significant factor on the preceding flights because weight and balance on those flights were well within limits.
- The ground crew would stay beneath the aircraft at this time, ensuring the rigging didn't get tangled.
- The racer was originally built with two parallel interplane wing struts and these were replaced with single rigid I struts but even these did not solve the rigging problems.
Definición de rigging en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán