An angle of 90°, as in a corner of a square, or formed by dividing a circle into quarters.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It follows that on the earth's surface there is an equilateral triangle with all its angles equal to a right angle.
- Give to a philosopher the concept of a triangle, and let him discover in his own way what the relation of the sum of its angles to a right angle might be.
- He also designed an instrument to divide a right angle into a given number of equal parts.
at right angles (or a right angle) to
- Forming an angle of 90° with (something): hold the brush at right angles to the surfaceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He does it again and much more noticeably in the way he tilts numbers of squares of both kinds until one of them in the middle lies at right angles to all the others.
- A hundred yards away, a sorry looking BMW 6-series is parked at right angles to a motorway barrier, forming a makeshift roadblock.
- Ball number six was nicely played back to the bowler amid the huge West Country sigh of relief, and then came the horrified realisation that the umpire's arm was at right angles to his body.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: right angle
Definición de right angle en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda