Definición de rigorism en inglés:
1.1The Roman Catholic doctrine that in doubtful cases of conscience the strict course is always to be followed.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- By contrast, the sort of Church that Montanus offered was one of ecstatic prophecy, immediate eschatology, ascetic moral rigorism, and, at the same time, institutional chaos.
- Nevertheless the rigorism of his ascetic resolve was never relaxed.
- A ‘dubious rigorism’ led some in the early church to condemn recourse to secular therapies, and monastic communities at times have used only prayer and other spiritual remedies to treat bodily illness.
rigorist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- His theology and his disciplines were rigorist, but he as a man who lived them himself with great commitment and dedication.
- Various groups of rigorists (usually termed Spirituals) began openly to accuse their opponents of laxity in the observance of poverty and even to disobey their superiors.
- Against the rigorists, I am inclined to agree with Cardinal Ratzinger that a measure of flexibility and openness is in order.
Definición de rigorism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán