- The circular entrenchment of a minor medieval castle, especially a fortified Norman manor.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As time permitted, larger, purpose-built earth and timber castles of motte and bailey plan, or ringworks, were constructed.
- William's suppression of the south-western revolt of 1067-68 resulted in the construction of a large ringwork castle in the city of Exeter; the building of other castles in the region followed.
- Earth and timber fortifications were hastily erected, whether in motte-and-bailey or in ringwork form, in new areas during the eleventh and twelfth centuries.
Más definiciones de ringworkDefinición de ringwork en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.