(also rock 'n' roll)
A type of popular dance music originating in the 1950s, characterized by a heavy beat and simple melodies. Rock and roll was an amalgam of black rhythm and blues and white country music, usually based around a twelve-bar structure and an instrumentation of guitar, double bass, and drums.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Popular music (be it rock and roll, rhythm and blues, country, folk, rap, or whatever) has the power to express and regulate our emotions.
- It was a time of innocence and fun, an era of rock and roll, black and white TV, and invaders from outer space!
- Their music used electronic amplification, and was more closely allied to the emerging styles of rhythm and blues and rock and roll.
rock and roller
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As for the musical numbers, they're standard video stuff with Nesmith playing a few funny characters, like a smooth lounge singer or a smitten '50s rock and roller.
- I am, after all, a lifelong and unrepentant rock and roller, and I turned out okay.
- But according to Geldof all this means nothing because first and foremost, he sees himself as a rock and roller.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: rock and roll
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda